Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Sunday, April 28, 2013

Daily Benefits

My great-grandfather, Pops Deboer, used to quote Psalm 68:19 every time we came to visit him: "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation."
 
God gives us so many benefits during the course of a day - our health, air to breathe, food to eat, relationships, etc.  But every once in a while He gives us something special, something to "spoil" us, just because He loves us. 
 
Today I got "spoiled." :) 
 
I've been wanting an old 1930's radio for a while.  It's not a need, to be sure!  But I really love their vintage look and wanted one for my house.  I mentioned this to a friend a while back and she's been keeping her eyes open for me at antique shops and yard sales.  However, these types of radios usually run about at least $150, if not more.  I don't have $150 to blow on a "want," so I put the idea aside and forgot about it.
 
Then, out of the blue, my friend texted me today and said that she found this one at a yard sale for only $40!!!!   It's in BEAUTIFUL condition.  I'm so thrilled!
 
God didn't have to provide this for me, but He did :)  I'm so thankful for His special "benefit" today!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't God good?! He did this for our little house more than once, always reminding me that He provides "exceeding abundantly above ALL that we ask or think"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a blessing, and that's just like God, isn't it?! Thanks for sharing and I'm happy for you :)

    Love,
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete