Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Saturday, April 6, 2013

Allergy Test

Well, after 42 pin pricks, Adam FINALLY knows what he is allergic to! He got an allergy test on Thursday and discovered that DUST and DUST MITES are what's making him cough all the time. (Yes, I DO dust my house!!!) We will probably have to get a HEPA vacuum to help him out. Poor guy! Actually, I'm thinking it might be ME that y'all should have pity on....I'm going to be dusting non-stop! :)
 
 
Yikes! They gave him 3-4 pricks for each number on his arm. Each number represents a different thing like dust, pollen, etc. They gave him a low dosage of each at first, then gradually increased it with each prick. Thankfully, the only "number" that reacted was the dust one. What a trooper...I'm so proud of my hubby! He only took the allergy test because I asked him to :)
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my WORD! How dreadful! At least you know what it is now, but MAN! You'd think with this age of scientific discovery they'd come up with something a little more humane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...nice to know! Maybe now he should buy you leather furniture. I hear that helps;) Luv, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...Rachael, I think Adam would quite agree with you. He did NOT enjoy being pricked, but he said it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.

    Tina...yeah, leather furniture would be nice! Just a little beyond the budget right now, unfortunately :)

    By the way, we got an air purifier for Adam's office, and he said it has made a WORLD of difference. He hasn't coughed hardly at all! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That probably wasn't a very pleasant experience, Adam, but I guess it would be nice to know how to help yourself - I'm sure the cough probably annoyed you both. That was sweet of you to go through that at Katie's suggestion :) Katie, I'm positive you keep a VERY nice house - never a question about that :) Well, hope this will be a blessing for you both!

    Love you two,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. you keep your house extremely clean, Katie:) poor guy, that makes me queasy . . .

    ReplyDelete