Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Cleaning Tip

Hello everyone!  I have been Spring Cleaning like crazy this week, and I discovered a neat way to get the dust off of blinds.  I thought I would share it with you all.  I don't know about everyone else, but I HATE cleaning blinds with a purple passion!  That's why I got excited when I figured this out....

You know those Swiffer mop dust cloths?  Well, I discovered a generic brand called "Grime Boss" at Walmart.  It's only $2.42 for a pack of 16.  Not bad, huh?  And they work like a charm to clean blinds because the dust actually STICKS to them because of the texture of the cloth.  You will have to run the cloth along every blind, but it goes a whole lot faster than if you scrub the dust off with a wet cloth.  And it gets it a whole lot cleaner than if you had just "pushed" the dust around with a feather duster or regular cloth.  Try it....it works (see pic below of my dirty cloth and CLEAN blinds)!


Happy Spring Cleaning!  If anyone has other tips to share, please post them in the comment area.  I can use all the help I can get :)  Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. It's really clean in our house now :) Great Job cleaning, Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip, Katie! I agree with you - that's a tedious, but needful job :) Thanks for sharing - I'm always open to suggestions....

    Love,
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete