Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Laptop















On the infamous day of March 29th, 2011 it all happened, I (Adam) was waiting for the New Laptop to come. I was excited to finally be able to print directly from my own computer without having to e-mail files to my beautiful wife.


"Why is it an infamous day if you are the recipient of a new, faster, better computer?" you ask with amazement. "I'm glad you asked," I say with a twinkle in my eye and smile on my face :) I went to turn on my Old Computer to get all the files off of it and put them on my New Computer when it all began to happen. First, the Old Computer wouldn't start. It has done this before - hence the need for the New Laptop - but why today of all days? I have projects partially completed and documents I have saved nowhere else!


I must say that it did make for a very interesting day trying to figure out some possible way to start my Old Computer which seemed to have an uncanny knowledge that it was about to be replaced. I believe that is why it went on strike. Did you know that humans and computers have a lot in common? They have a lot in common except labor unions! Anyway...


Thankfully, I read in my devotions that morning: II Cor. 1:2, which says, "Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ." I spent a while pondering the grace (supernatural enablement) and peace (amidst trying circumstances) that God wants us as Christians to actively receive. I asked the Lord for His grace and peace for both myself and all others I prayed for that morning. Then, it all started to happen. As I type this, my Old Computer still lies lifeless at my feet. I'm not out of the hot water yet - but I can testify to the Lord's grace and peace even through this very trying situation! Praise the Lord!


Finally, I want to thank the Lord for the resources and absolutely remarkable timing of the dying of the Old Computer and coming of the New Laptop - happening the very same day! God always gives provision to meet the needs we have as we seek Him first (Matt. 6:33).




No comments:

Post a Comment