Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Friday, December 24, 2010

My Birthday

My 23rd birthday was Wednesday, December 22nd. The Lord gave me an absolutely beautiful day!



Adam took me to dinner at Olive Garden for my birthday. We had our first date here, so it was fun to go back and reminisce...



One of our favorite "first date" memories was when the waitress asked us if we wanted any alcoholic drinks. Adam pretended to look interested in the drink menu, and I laughed and said, "If that's the way it is, we're through right now!" He laughed, too, and said, "Good girl!" I guess I passed his little test :) Needless to say, we didn't order any drinks!



After dinner, we headed over to an older folks home and did a Christmas caroling service with my parents and a bunch of other people. My sisters and I got to play along with the carols. Can you see us there in the left-hand corner?

Here I am with Barbara Jeffries, a sweet older lady who prays for us regularly and writes to me every so often.

Adam decided to help me play the piano...




We had a little party for me afterwards...


Opening gifts


Adam gave me a Sherlock Holmes DVD collection! I'm looking forward to watching it :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy 23rd birthday, Katie! I'm so glad we got to celebrate with you! I can't wait to watch the Sherlock Holmes with you sometime! :-)
    Love your sis-in-law :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, happy birthday, Katie! Looks like you had a great day! You guys are so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete