Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"Mission Possible": A Spy-Themed Piano Recital

My piano students and I love to have fun with our recitals :) After all, who likes to sit through a long, boring recital? Each recital has a theme, and we coordinate all of our songs, decorations, and snacks to fit that theme. It's always a blast!
 
This year's recital theme was "Mission: Possible."  We all loved it! I think I had more fun than the kids :)
 
We put all the adults and guests through a "screening" before they could enter our TOP SECRET meeting room. They had to scan their hand at the door...
 
 
...and then get searched with a metal detector!
 
We had our top agents posted around the room to make sure that no imposters made their way in :)
 
Watch out for dangerous laser beams!
 
One false move and someone could set off the alarm!
 
 
I made a "TOP SECRET" bag for each student...
 
Contents of the bags! They each got a "disguise kit," (sunglasses and a moustache), a notebook to record evidence, stickers, and candy. Oh, and the girls each got a lipstick pen :)
 
One of our very cute spies passing out programs :)
 
 
 
Decorations on the snack table (I meant to get a full shot of the table with all the food on it, but somehow it didn't quite happen).
 
 
 
 
Chocolate Bombs!
 
I even got Adam to dress up as a secret agent.  He's the best!
 
"Secret Agents"
 
Love these crazy kids!

2 comments:

  1. Okay so this themed recital idea is totally awesome, except if I do it, I'll feel like I'm stealing the idea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I have no copyright on it, so go right ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete