Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I'm getting a little EXTREME...

Well, folks....I have a NEW hobby!  I'm super excited about this, because it actually WORKS.  I've entered the world of EXTREME COUPONING.  Wow...I love it!
 
So the other day I went shopping, and by playing it smart with coupons I was able to get ALL of this FREE!!!  Yay! :)
 
Here's the whole lot I purchased on Monday (see below)- a retail value of $180.00 for only $35.00! The purchase included all the free items above, plus 2 pork tenderloin fillets, 8 boxes of cereal, coffee, feminine products, yogurt, spices, quality razors, and expensive makeup. 
 
It has definitely been the LORD showing me how to use my coupons wisely.  I am so thankful that He has opened up this unique way to help me save money.  I'm so excited!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! What a blessing :) You know your "kindred spirit" coupon-using mother-in-law would HAVE to comment on this post!! Adam's blessed to have such a prudent/thrifty wife :) Keep up the good work...

    Much love to you both,
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemme guess- you're saving all that money to buy me a HUGE Christmas present, right? I knew it! lol! Keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom B, I didn't realize that you used coupons! Good for you! Beth, yep...I'm saving for that ENORMOUS lump of coal that you deserve ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, just ask my kids who've had to endure my exuberance while I explain how much I ended up paying for a particular item :) We'll have to talk more at Thanksgiving & you can give me some tips, OK?

      Love ya,
      Mom B.

      Delete
  4. Aw- I'm so touched! Please excuse me while I go hunt for a kleenex....;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth...I can probably get those Kleenex for free, so I'll make sure you have plenty for you at Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always been intimidated by the whole couponing thing. Most of my problem is I am out and I forgot my coupons or when I do remember they are expired and I don't figure that out until I'm in line with 6 kids, of which probably 2 are crying and I'm trying to figure out why I now bought 3 boxes of cereal to save 50 cents!!! Good Job Katie!!!

    ReplyDelete