Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Friday, April 8, 2011

Even the Little Things

Recently the Lord has allowed me to find some phenomenal sales and bargains. This is the most recent find at a yard sale--about $125 worth of brand-new scrapbooking stickers! I only paid $2.00 for the whole amount. Nice, huh? :)




The Lord has been so good to provide for the little "wants" as well as the needs. The stickers were definitely a "want," and the Lord provided so that I didn't have to spend a ton of money!


Also, the other day I saw a Vera Bradley purse, and briefly thought, "Lord, someday it would be neat to get one of those...they're so pretty!" However, I know they're expensive, so I quickly put the idea out of my mind and started thanking the Lord for the brown purse that I paid only $7.00 for last year at Walmart. :)


The next day, one of my adult piano students walked into lessons with an Easter present for me. Can you guess what it was? A brand-new Vera Bradley purse! And not only that, but it was one of their new "Spring" line of purses! Isn't it pretty?




I'm so thankful to have a God who cares not only about our needs, but also about little wants as well. God didn't have to provide the stickers and the purse (I would have been content without them), but He does those special things just because He loves us. Just wanted to share that with you today. :)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree, Katie! I love the thought! It's a good reminder...thank you for sharing!
    Love,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing indeed - both things!! And you know how I like deals:) God is so good and personal, isn't he?! And sometimes those little things are the biggest blessings...

    Love you two,
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete