Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Friday, May 4, 2012

Movie-Themed Recital

 Tonight I held a recital for all my piano students.  It was a movie-themed recital, so all the kids played music from their favorite movies.  It was a blast!  We also carried the movie theme throughout our decorations and refreshments as you'll see below.

I even got to play a few numbers :)  Adam figured out how to post a video of each one, so you can view them after this post.


Olivia played "Supercalifragilistic," "Puff, the Magic Dragon," and "Whistle While You Work"

Nolan played "Star Wars Theme" and "You Can Fly"

Connor played "Darth Vader's Theme" and "May the Force Be with You"

Orrin played "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria" and "Climb Every Mountain"

"Maria played "My Favorite Things" and "Do-Re-Mi"

And Kelly played "Oompa Loompa" and "Pirates Who Don't Do Anything"

They all did a great job!  I'm so proud of them :)
"Maria's Favorite" Crisp Apple Strudel (from "My Favorite Things" song)

"YODA SODA" :)
Gotta have popcorn!
I found these candy Light Sabers for each of my students...they loved them!

I also made some Movie Cupcakes with the characters from each movie song that was played...

Rapunzel's braid graced the table :)
"Snow White's Apple Muffins"
 One of the moms got into the movie theme and gave me a gift based on a song from the Sound of Music -- "Brown Paper Packages Tied up with Strings."  Cute idea!  There was a music mug and some pretty towels inside :)

Please excuse the funky formatting on this post.  I can't get it to cooperate with me!  Agghh!
See below for some videos...

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I am like ultra jealous! Where were my fun piano teachers??!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, u did an awesome job!!!!!!
    ur so creative!
    luv ya and miss u,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo creative Katie! =)
    Of all the things you thought of for the reception...it looked awesome!
    michaela

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a good job making it a special and fun event! The kids did great because they have a wonderful teacher :) Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,
    I am so proud of your creativity! I can see you have made piano lessons fun! Maybe I should try this approach with your sisters and their practicing! LOL Miss you!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - you are so creative and never cease to amaze me! How fun for the kids - truly something to remember fondly :)

    Love,
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete