Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Answers to Prayer!

I have been so overwhelmed by the Lord's goodness this past month! He has provided for so many needs (and wants)! I just wanted to share what He's done with you...

First of all, Adam and I have been saving for some living room furniture for a while now. And you know how it goes....every time we save almost enough, a need arises and we have to use the money for that. We were getting rather discouraged with the whole thing, when the Lord decided to surprise us this weekend. Someone gave us an anonymous monetary gift on Sunday! It was enough to pay for a new couch and recliner, plus a few decorative items to "spiff up" our living room. What a HUGE blessing!!!! Praise the Lord!

BEFORE new furniture...


...and AFTER!




I love our new couch!


I found these pretty pillows to go with the furniture :)


A few weeks ago the Lord provided this beautiful desk for Adam. We found it at a yard sale for $20! He's been needing a good desk to work on and spread out his study materials. This one has plenty of space for him!


And last, but not least, God provided us with a kitchen island! I have very limited counter space in my kitchen, so I really wanted to get some kind of island to put against the wall. One day, I was on Craig's List looking for garage sales in my area, when I saw the ad for this island! It was the right price and JUST what I wanted. The funny thing is that it was listed under "Garage Sales" instead of under "Furniture." God put it there so I would see it :)



Praise the Lord! We are SO thankful for His provision. Matthew 6:33 is true!

3 comments:

  1. Hey guys!
    That's awesome!!!!!!!!
    I luv ur new furniture.....especially the couch!
    luv u!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful! WOW...What a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge blessing from the Lord - He gives us things we need and sometime even WANTS too :) Great decorating the house, Wubs - you have such a wonderful gift doing that :)

    ReplyDelete