Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Saturday, September 3, 2011

Homemade Bread

Recently I've been absolutely appalled by the rising cost of groceries (especially bread)! I'm getting so tired of spending $3-$4 on a loaf of bread (nope....I don't buy cheapo white bread). So I decided to get creative and make my OWN bread. It turned out GREAT!



I made a total of 4 loaves, and it cost WAY less than the store's prices. It freezes well, too!


....and the best part is that my husband loves it :)


If anyone is interested in trying it, the recipe can be found on Taste of Home's website. Here's the web address: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Homemade-Bread
It's really easy to make! Enjoy :)

7 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I will be over for a slice!
    Love you, Mom H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you, Katie! Our homemade loaves just finished being eaten, so now I'm about to give it a whirl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Katie! I love making bread... it's one of my favorite things! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good wifey you have, Adam - lucky man :) What to go,Katie! And you never have to worry about it being too doughy - he likes that. Looks delicious - wish I was there to partake :)

    Love,
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah - I can say that I'm a lucky man! The bread is GREAT :) I highly recommend the recipe - although I'm sure no one will be able to make the bread as delicious as my beautiful wife :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Katie you always seem to do such a great job! The bread looks delicious!

    Adam, As a dad and a freind I want you to know I appreciate you and I'm so proud of you. You are a gentleman and I see in you the qualities of a real man too. And I'm thankful you let the man give way to the gentleman. I respect that about you alot. Praying for God's blessing on you both. I love you both lots, dad B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Dad. We're praying for you too :)

    ReplyDelete