Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Saturday, September 10, 2011

Girls' Tea

Today we had a tea party with our church girls! I promised them that we would have one because they weren't able to come to the Ladies' Tea a few months ago. Sarah Jones and Kristin Ali helped me, and everyone had a blast!

The tea invitation...


The tearoom...




I painted a personalized teacup for each girl


Mom Burtt, I made the ice cream jello and it turned out great! See the little dishes on the plates?


Kristin Ali, one of my helpers :)


Kristin and I sat at this table with the little munchkins :) I asked the girls to wear hats if they had one, so I decided to join them too. That's why I'm wearing the goofy hat in this pic ;)


Teapot cookies!


The menu: Ice cream jello, bagel bites pizzas, ham and cheese, PB &J, mini eclairs, little fruit danishes and cookies. Beverages were chocolate milk and tea. Definitely a kids menu! :)




Teatime! All the girls did SO well....we didn't have many spills :) It was really funny to watch the little ones put about 4 or 5 lumps of sugar in their tea and then nearly overflow it with milk! Lol! I wonder how it tasted? It sure didn't look too appetizing! Thankfully we also served chocolate milk as a backup ;)


The "big girls" table


Sarah Jones did a Bible lesson on the verse "Taste and see that the Lord is good." She had the girls close their eyes and taste different foods. She did a great job....the girls loved it!




After the Bible lesson, the girls made bracelets!






We had SO much fun...we'll have to make it an annual tradition :)

4 comments:

  1. How neat! Looks like you ladies had fun :) Tell all the girls I said hi!
    Love ya,

    ~ Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be there! Looks like so much fun! What a special memory for those little girls--big ones too!

    Love, Mom H

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a DARLING idea - I bet the girls had SO much fun! They won't forget it, you know. What a fun Pastor's wife :) Glad the ice cream jello was a success - the cookies look yummy!

    Love,
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet thing for you to do for those little girls! You are such a wonderful pastor's wife! You are just as thoughtful and creative as your mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete