Adam and Katie Burtt

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33


Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ladies' Bible Study

This past Tuesday (Sept 14th), I led the first Ladies' Bible Study in our church basement. Six ladies showed up! We are studying the women of the Bible, so we started off our study with Eve. I was QUITE nervous at the beginning (because all the women are older than me!), but the Lord enabled. Praise the Lord!



Since the basement of the church is plain and has florescent lights, I decided to spruce things up a bit. I put nice tablecloths on the tables, lit some candles, put a lamp in the middle of the table, and added some color by bringing in fall decorations. To top it all off, I brought in my teacups and a teapot to use during refreshment time. The ladies loved it!

I plan to hold this Bible study the second Tuesday of every month. Please pray for me during these times!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Everything looks beautiful:)

    Luv & prayers, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited to see how nicely you prepared! What a blessing to see you minister in this way! May God bless this time with the ladies as you grow to love them and they you!
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great opportunity Katie! I know how it feels to be ministering to ladies older than you, but when the Lord is enabling you, the ladies will see that. I can tell the Lord has definitely gifted you to be a pastor's wife:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, Katie - I'm sure those sweet ladies had a wonderful time and were blessed by what the Lord had for them through you! Nice extra touch in the decorating complete with tea cups - wish I could've been there:)

    Love,
    Mom B.

    ReplyDelete